Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Day 256 - Snail care

About 5 months ago, I remember treating a snail badly. I am unsure of exactly what I did - actually no, from memory, hang on, I'm getting memories mixed up, lol. What happened was I was being overly rough with a snail and I remember that I slightly cracked a snail's shell. Originally, I was moving it from one location to the next, and I was struggling to move it, so I got a bit aggressive within myself and therefore treated the snail badly and cracked its shell slightly.

I remember feeling really bad about that for a few that night after I did that to that snail. I allowed my emotions to overcome me whereas I took out my anger on the snail. That night, I also listened to the eqafe interview - The Spirituality of the Snail - Part 1, which is free on the eqafe website.

It was an awesome interview, and that interview assisted me in appreciating the snail's way of life and so forth - along with all animals, big and small. For the way I treated this particular snail, I remember sharing some realisations that I had with my regret for the snail, and the interview - but I never wrote out self-forgiveness for this, and I am going to now.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to allow my emotions - anger, to overcome me and within that, be aggressive with the snail when trying to move it to a different location, and cracking its shell.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to fail to treat the snail with respect, equality, oneness - as I should do, since it, along with me, along with all animals, insects - we ALL BELONG on Earth.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to not realise at the time that the reason I struggled to move the snail/the snail didn't want to move could have been because it was getting into a defensive mode whereas it thought I was a threat to it - I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to not see the situation of me handling the snail through the SNAIL'S point of view.

When and as I see myself failing to accept all life, big or small, as equals, I stop and breathe. I realise that every single life, no matter what species, ALL deserve an equal living opportunity to be on Earth.

When and as I see myself failing to consider the circumstances as to why the snail did not want to move (through possibly thinking I was a threat), I stop and breathe. I realise that just as I must step into the shoes of another to see things from their point of view, I also MUST step into the 'shoes' of the snail to see the situation from the snail's point of view.

I commit myself to within myself, allow each living creature, big or small, an equal opportunity to live within Earth - that is if I must 'handle' a creature as to assist it getting out of a dangerous situation/to a better environment for the species (such as moving an insect from inside of the house, to outside of the house).

I commit myself to treat each and every animal/insect with the care that it deserves, since it has JUST as much right to survive/live on this Earth as I do myself.

I commit myself to not allow my TEMPORARY anger reaction emotion to manifest within my unconscious mind whereas I don't treat LIFE with respect and care - I commit myself to STOP, BREATHE to bring myself back to my physical being as I am here in the world - along with the life that I am assisting, one and equal.

No comments:

Post a Comment